Partner – Restorative and Implant Dentistry
I established City Bridge Dental in Winchester to create a centre of excellence.
I am committed to providing the best dental care for our patients.
- Qualified in Dentistry from University Birmingham 1990.
- Post-graduate course in surgical and prosthodontic implantology
- Certificate in restorative dentistry from Eastman Dental Institute
- MSc in Dental Implantology
- Trained in Dental Sedation
- GDC No. 65248
I established City Bridge Dental in Winchester to create a centre of excellence. I am passionate about providing the best dental care for our patients.
I am an active member of the European Association of Osseointegration, and the Association of Dental Implantology, where I regularly attend congress meetings all over the world. I am also a Clinical Coach for Astra Tech implants, an implant mentor for the ADI and I teach other dentists about implant and restorative dentistry.
I am married with three children. A keen runner, I have completed the London marathon. My other pastimes include equestrian sports, good food and socialising
Partner – Restorative and Implant Dentistry
I am dedicated to upholding City Bridge’s reputation as a centre for dental excellence.
I believe it is important to provide a friendly service and high level of care.
- Qualified from Guy’s Hospital in London 1998 (Distinction).
- BDS MClin Dent Prosthodontics
- MSc Dental Implants DipConSed – surgical and restorative dental treatment
- Trained in conscious sedation
- GDC No. 74994
After working in hospital oral surgery departments and NHS general practice, I chose to concentrate on restorative dentistry and undertook a four year Masters degree in prosthodontics. This led to my role as Partner at City Bridge.
I am dedicated to upholding City Bridge’s reputation as a centre for dental excellence, in addition to providing a friendly service and high level of care. As a Dental Phobia Certified dentist, I want to ensure every patient feels confident when visiting the practice and I am experienced in helping nervous patients get the treatment they desire. I also enjoy helping patients achieve an improved smile through cosmetic dentistry.
I am active member of the European Association of Osseointegration and the Association of Dental Implantology, as well as the Academy for Advanced Surgical Skills. I regularly attend congress meetings all over the world. I am a clinical coach for Astra Tech implants and implant mentor for the ADI and teach other dentists about implant and restorative dentistry.
Outside of City Bridge, I enjoy spending time with my three young children and indulging in active sports, such as, running, sailing, windsurfing and skiing.
I am passionate about empowering patients so that they may control periodontal disease.
I work with patients to help them understand how to keep their gums healthy.
- Qualified in dentistry in 1983 at Liverpool University
- Holds Fellowship (1987) and Masters Degree (1990)
- Regional representative in the South East for British Society of Periodontology for 16 years, served on Education sub-committee of the Society.
- GDC Number: 58216
I have been working at City Bridge Dental since 1990. I believe in empowering patients so that they may control disease reliably and keep their teeth for life with appropriate professional support. With many years’ experience treating severe periodontal disease, I work with patients to help them understand how to keep their gums healthy and treat and manage problems when they occur. I work with my restorative colleagues at City Bridge to ensure that, when complex dentistry is required, it happens in healthy mouths which I have worked with patients to achieve. There is no feeling better than helping a patient achieve pink, healthy gums around firm teeth in a lovely fresh mouth. I care about every one of my patients and I like to put patients at ease by making them laugh!
I have been qualified for over 30 years and had very wide ranging clinical experiences in dentistry before committing myself to City Bridge. Before then, I had worked in prestigious hospital and university positions and in industrial dentistry both as a clinician and educator and in specialist practice in London. I have published research work and I have lectured nationally and internationally.
Outside of my role, I am very sporty, with a particular passion for golf and tennis. I love theatre and reading, as well as spending time with friends and family.
I am an Endodontist at City Bridge.
I help patients who have had some form of dental trauma.
- Specialist in Root Canal Treatment
- Graduated with from The Royal London Hospital in 2004 – awarded the University Gold Medal.
- Masters in Clinical Dentistry in Endodontology from Eastman Dental Hospital in 2010 (distinction)
- Won the Dentsply Maillefer Endodontic Prize in 2010
- Attended the Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies, The Dawson Centre and The University of Southern California.
- GDC No. 83792
I am one of the Endodontists at City Bridge. I help patients who have had some form of dental trauma, such as cracked teeth, and I am a specialist in Root Canal Treatment. I am dedicated to providing efficient treatment, helping my patients feel comfortable during procedures and achieving painless teeth.
I was awarded the Membership in Endodontics with the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh after winning the Dentspy Maillefer award in 2010. I am also currently registered as a Specialist in Endodontics with the General Dental Council.
I am committed to helping others achieve postgraduate education and I currently teach endodontics in the Department of Continuing Professional Development at the Eastman Dental Institute for Oral Healthcare Sciences.
The field of endodontics involves the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of root canal infection as well as management of dental trauma.
I handle patients with complex cases and I am dedicated to ensuring a comfortable treatment process.
- Graduated from King’s College London in 2006
- Masters in Clinical Dentistry in Endodontology from Royal College of Surgeons London
- MClinDent and MRD in Endodontics from Eastman Dental Hospital London
- Clinical Supervisor for Endodontics Eastman Dental Hospital London
- GDC no 103898
I am one of the Specialist Endodontists at City Bridge Dental. In 2011, I completed a 4 year speciality training course in endodontics at Eastman Dental Hospital, which allows me to call myself a ‘Specialist’
The diagnosis of tooth pain and the root canal treatment procedure can be very complex in certain cases. With my experience and expertise in these fields, I will be able to guide you through your endodontic journey in an assuring and comforting manner.
I devote all my time to the endodontic field and, in addition to my role at City Bridge Dental, I teach future specialist endodontists at the Eastman Dental Institute.
Ahmed El Angbawi
I provide specialist care to those looking to straighten their smile.
I am passionate about crafting attractive smiles to improve the lives of my patients.
- Graduated as Dental Surgeon in 1999 and obtained Masters Degree in Orthodontics in 2007
- Was appointed as clinical lecturer in Orthodontics at University of Glasgow in 2009
- Awarded PhD in Orthodontics from University of Dundee in 2013
- Awarded Diploma of Membership in Orthodontics from the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh in 2013
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Honorary lecturer in postgraduate teaching for several different universities in the UK and overseas
- Works as a clinical lecturer and consultant at The Royal London and William Harvey Hospital East Kent.
- Has had academic research published in international journals and has presented these at national and international scientific meetings and conferences.
- GDC No. 241581
I joined City Bridge Dental as a Specialist Orthodontist in 2017. I have extensive experience in providing orthodontic treatment to both children and adults, providing treatments such as invisible braces, clear ceramic braces and other removable braces. I aim to provide treatment without removing teeth and to enhance facial as well as smile aesthetics. I am passionate about providing friendly and tailored care to every patient, with a focus on finishing treatment as soon as possible (depending on the complexity of the case).
I have a passion for research and believe strongly in the importance of applying evidence-based orthodontics. Consequently, I have been extensively involved in research, including clinical trials relating to effectiveness of different types of braces in terms of effectiveness, timescales, patient satisfaction and risk. These findings have been published in international research journals.
Alongside my role at City Bridge Dental, I am a clinical lecturer at Royal London, Queen Mary University Hospitals and University of Dundee. I also continue to develop my own research and act as a peer reviewer for several scientific journals.